What is the oldest archaeological find?
Lomekwi 3 is the name of an archaeological site in Kenya where ancient stone tools have been discovered dating to 3.3 million years ago, which make them the oldest ever found.
Who is the most famous archaeologist?
Some Famous Archaeologists
- Archaeologist: Howard Carter (Discovered King Tut’s Tomb)
- Howard Carter – Discovering Tut.
- Howard Carter – Archaeologist in Egypt.
- Howard Carter and Lord Carnarvon – The Finding of King Tut’s Tomb.
- Hiram Bingham and Machu Picchu.
- Hiram Bingham’s Findings.
- Lost City of the Incas (photos with music)
What is the most important artifact ever found?
Top 10 Most Important Historical Finds
- Qin Shi Huang’s Terracotta Army. A farmer in Xi’an named Yang was drilling for water when he found the Terracotta Army in 1947. …
- The Dead Sea Scrolls. …
- The Royal Library of Ashurbanipal. …
- Tutankhamun’s Tomb (KV62) …
- Pompeii. …
- Peking Man. …
- The Rosetta Stone. …
- The Behistun Rock.
What is the most important archaeological site?
Top 10 most amazing ruins and archaeological sites in the world
- STONEHENGE, UNITED KINGDOM.
- THE GREAT WALL, CHINA.
- MOAI STATUES OF EASTER ISLAND, CHILE.
- CHICHEN ITZA, MEXICO.
- ACROPOLIS OF ATHENS, GREECE.
- GIZA PYRAMIDS, EGYPT.
- PETRA, JORDAN.
- TIKAL, GUATEMALA.
What is oldest city in the world?
Jericho, Palestinian Territories
A small city with a population of 20,000 people, Jericho, which is located in the Palestine Territories, is believed to be the oldest city in the world. Indeed, some of the earliest archeological evidence from the area dates back 11,000 years.
Which is oldest civilization in world?
The Sumerian civilization is the oldest civilization known to mankind. The term Sumer is today used to designate southern Mesopotamia. In 3000 BC, a flourishing urban civilization existed. The Sumerian civilization was predominantly agricultural and had community life.
Who is the richest archaeologist?
Howard Carter, (born May 9, 1874, Swaffham, Norfolk, England—died March 2, 1939, London), British archaeologist, who made one of the richest and most-celebrated contributions to Egyptology: the discovery (1922) of the largely intact tomb of King Tutankhamen.
Who is known as father of Archaeology?
Excavations begun by Sir Alexander Cunningham, the father of Indian archaeology, in 1863–64 and 1872–73……
Is Indiana Jones a real archaeologist?
The classic 1981 film introduced the world to Indiana Jones, a swashbuckling college professor played by Harrison Ford. … Indy isn’t, but he may be based on a very real person — from Beloit, of all places. His name was Roy Chapman Andrews, and he was an academic, archaeologist and adventurer.
What is the most famous object in the world?
The world’s 50 most amazing objects you must see
- LUCY, ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA. Photo: Alamy. …
- MASK OF TUTANKHAMUN, CAIRO, EGYPT. …
- BRONZE BELLS, WUHAN, CHINA. …
- BHARUT GATEWAY, KOLKATA, INDIA. …
- PARTHENON FRIEZE, ATHENS, GREECE. …
- TRANS-SIBERIAN RAILWAY EGG, MOSCOW, RUSSIA. …
- REGENT DIAMOND, PARIS, FRANCE. …
- GOLDEN RAFT, BOGOTA, COLOMBIA.
What is the most expensive artifact in the world?
Here are seven of the most expensive artifacts that can be found around the world:
- Greywacke Statue Tribute to Isis.
- Harrington Commode.
- Goddard-Townsend Antique Secretary Desk.
- Pinner Qing Dynasty Vase.
- Rosetta Stone.
- Diamond Panther Bracelet.
- Napoleon’s Gold-Encrusted Sword.
What is the rarest artifact in the world?
Highly regarded as one of the most mysterious artifacts in the world, the Dropa stones are suspected to be the first earliest-known records. They were discovered in 1938 on an expedition led by Dr. Chi Pu Tei through the Baian-Kara-Ula in China.
What country has the most archaeological sites?
Italy and China take the crown as the countries with the most UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the world. As the birthplace of the Roman Empire and the Renaissance, Italy has an abundance of culture: 50 of its 55 sites are cultural and 5 are natural.
What is the largest archaeological site in the world?
Located just outside Agrigento in Sicily, the Valley of the Temples is an astonishing example of Greek art and architecture, the largest archaeological site in the world and a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1997.
What are the 4 major archaeological sites?
15 Most Impressive Archaeological Sites
- Pyramids of Giza. Pyramids can be found all over the world, but the only true pyramids can be found in Egypt. …
- Tomb of Qin Shi Huangdi. …
- Teotihuacán. …
- Stonehenge. …
- Chichén Itzá …
- Moche, Peru. …
- Ziggurat of Ur. …
- Domus Aurea.