What is the most important artifact ever found?
Top 10 Most Important Historical Finds
- Qin Shi Huang’s Terracotta Army. A farmer in Xi’an named Yang was drilling for water when he found the Terracotta Army in 1947. …
- The Dead Sea Scrolls. …
- The Royal Library of Ashurbanipal. …
- Tutankhamun’s Tomb (KV62) …
- Pompeii. …
- Peking Man. …
- The Rosetta Stone. …
- The Behistun Rock.
What is the most recent archaeological discovery?
- Old Kingdom Tomb. Saqqara, Egypt.
- Maya Subterranean World. Chichen Itza, Mexico.
- Neolithic Henge Feasts. Wiltshire, England.
- On the Origin of Apples. Tuzusai, Kazakhstan.
- Medieval Female Scribe. Dalheim, Germany.
- New Golden House Room. Rome, Italy.
- Peruvian Mass Sacrifice. Pampa la Cruz, Peru.
- Denisovans at Altitude.
Who is the most famous archeologist?
10 of History’s Greatest Archaeologists
- Mortimer Wheeler. …
- Kathleen Kenyon. …
- Dorothy Garrod. …
- Arthur Evans. …
- Robert John Braidwood. …
- Howard Carter. …
- John Lubbock. …
- Louis And Mary Leakey. Louis and Mary Leakey have often been called the first family of paleolithic-era anthropology, and for good reason.
What is the oldest artifact ever?
Lomekwi Stone Tools
The stone tools unearthed at Lomekwi 3, an archaeological site in Kenya, are the oldest artifacts in the world. These stone tools are about 3.3 million years old, long before Homo sapiens (humans) showed up.
What is the rarest artifact in the world?
Highly regarded as one of the most mysterious artifacts in the world, the Dropa stones are suspected to be the first earliest-known records. They were discovered in 1938 on an expedition led by Dr. Chi Pu Tei through the Baian-Kara-Ula in China.
What is the greatest archaeological find in history?
Top ten archaeological discoveries
- Pompeii. After a devastating volcanic eruption of Mt. …
- Tutankhamun’s tomb. The great Tutankhamun owes his fame to Howard Carter and George Herbert’s discovery of his tomb in 1922. …
- Rosetta Stone. …
- Terracotta Army. …
- Richard III’s grave. …
- Olduvai Gorge. …
- Cave of Altamira. …
- Dead Sea Scrolls.
Who is the richest archaeologist?
Howard Carter, (born May 9, 1874, Swaffham, Norfolk, England—died March 2, 1939, London), British archaeologist, who made one of the richest and most-celebrated contributions to Egyptology: the discovery (1922) of the largely intact tomb of King Tutankhamen.
What did Archaeologists find recently?
A 120-foot-long geoglyph of a cat discovered in Peru in 2020 is the most recent example of a Nazca Line to be found. … Archaeologists estimate that the geoglyph was constructed sometime between 200 B.C. and 100 B.C., a time when many Nazca Lines were being built.
Who is a famous archeologist?
Some Famous Archaeologists
- Archaeologist: Howard Carter (Discovered King Tut’s Tomb)
- Howard Carter – Discovering Tut.
- Howard Carter – Archaeologist in Egypt.
- Howard Carter and Lord Carnarvon – The Finding of King Tut’s Tomb.
- Hiram Bingham and Machu Picchu.
- Hiram Bingham’s Findings.
- Lost City of the Incas (photos with music)
Who was the first archaeologist in the world?
In Ancient Mesopotamia, a foundation deposit of the Akkadian Empire ruler Naram-Sin (ruled circa 2200 BCE) was discovered and analysed by king Nabonidus, circa 550 BCE, who is thus known as the first archaeologist.
Is Indiana Jones a real archaeologist?
The classic 1981 film introduced the world to Indiana Jones, a swashbuckling college professor played by Harrison Ford. … Indy isn’t, but he may be based on a very real person — from Beloit, of all places. His name was Roy Chapman Andrews, and he was an academic, archaeologist and adventurer.
What is oldest city in the world?
Jericho, Palestinian Territories
A small city with a population of 20,000 people, Jericho, which is located in the Palestine Territories, is believed to be the oldest city in the world. Indeed, some of the earliest archeological evidence from the area dates back 11,000 years.
What is the most expensive artifact in the world?
Here are seven of the most expensive artifacts that can be found around the world:
- Greywacke Statue Tribute to Isis.
- Harrington Commode.
- Goddard-Townsend Antique Secretary Desk.
- Pinner Qing Dynasty Vase.
- Rosetta Stone.
- Diamond Panther Bracelet.
- Napoleon’s Gold-Encrusted Sword.
What is the most expensive Arrowhead ever sold?
The most expensive arrowhead ever sold went for $276,000. It was both prehistoric and made of green obsidian, a rare stone. Very ancient arrowheads are rare, with the famous Clovis points being the most sought-after and valuable rare arrowheads.